The drug industry landscape is changing. This presentation highlights the top 10 drivers that affects the drug cost of your benefit plan, as well as what private plan sponsors (employers) can do to curb the trend while continuing to ensure plan members (employees) receive value.
Here are the top 10 cost drivers for drug cost:
1. Increased prevalence of disease
2. New, very high cost drugs
3. Revised treatment guidelines
4. Earlier detection
5. Cost shifting
6. Unmanaged formularies
7. Low generic fill rate
8. Lack of employee awareness
9. Lack of widespread workplace wellness programming
10. Aging population
Courtesy of Empire Life
Whether you are with a business, association, or owner operator, we have the solution for your needs.